$1.5 Billion. That’s the total value of transactions expected to take place online on November 29th- Black Friday. Is your ecommerce store ready for the busiest shopping day of the year?
Here are 5 ways to get your site ready for Black Friday
Plan Ahead of Time
- Most, if not all eCommerce CMS programs allow you to set-up sale prices ahead of time. Don’t wait until the last minute. Identify which products you want to put on sale, and enter them into your CMS so when the big day comes, you won’t risk forgetting to flip the “sale switch”.
- If you’re using a thanksgiving coupon code, enter it into the system ahead of time.
- If you’re using a VPS host, make sure your host provider has enough bandwidth reserved for Thanksgiving weekend.
- Make sure the items you plan on having on sale are in stock and ready to ship
- Let visitors know you’ll be having a thanksgiving sale ahead of time.
- Send out a newsletter with some teasers
- On your home page, make sure you have a newsletter sign up field and let visitors know you’ll be sending them special thanksgiving weekend sales promotions.
- You should also have a “sign up today, and get a $X black Friday Coupon”
Create Thanksgiving Banners
- Get your graphic artist to create a couple of sales banners that scream “BUY ON BLACK FRIDAY AND SAVE….”
- On black Friday, use a pop-up banner on your home page letting customers know they’ve come to the right place to save on Black-Friday.
- Bring your best-selling items to the forefront as shown here:
- Increase your marketing budget ahead of Black Friday to attract customers to your site.
- The weeks leading up to Thanksgiving are the “I’ll browse now and wait for Black Friday to buy”. So make sure customers have scouted your site ahead of time.
If you need help preparing your site for the holiday season, please contact us and we’ll be glad to help you execute a holiday campaign.